CardUp is streamlining its operations in Hong Kong
When we launched CardUp in Hong Kong, it was our mission to provide individuals and businesses with a better way to pay and get paid. In just a few years, we have successfully processed millions of dollars worth of payments and helped our customers fully maximise their credit card benefits.
In December 2022, we announced that CardUp was acquired by Funding Societies, united around the vision to create a unified financial experience for SMEs in SEA. With this new focus, we have made the decision to streamline our operations in Hong Kong to focus on select businesses. This means that we will no longer serve personal accounts.
Starting on 1 September 2023, you will no longer be able to schedule or process any payments on our platform.
We are grateful to our customers, our partners, and the Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department (HKCED) for supporting our operations over the last few years.
How can I continue using CardUp in Hong Kong?
- Personal accounts - with our new focus, we are no longer able to serve personal accounts in Hong Kong
- Business accounts - Please contact our sales team for a custom conversation (fill in form)
- Company name
- Expected payment volume on CardUp
What will happen to my account?
- At 12.01am on 1 September 2023, CardUp will stop processing all personal and business payments. This means that any previously scheduled payments will be cancelled and any new payments cannot be created.
You will still be able to log in to your account to view and download your transaction history until December 31st 2023.
What will happen to my scheduled payments?
- CardUp will stop processing all payments scheduled to be processed after 1 September 2023.
If you have a payment scheduled to be processed before 31 August 2023, it will proceed as normal without interruption.
If you have a payment scheduled to be processed after 31 August 2023, you have three options:
Option 1: log in to your account and change the due date to be before 31 August 2023
Option 2: log in to your account and cancel the payment.
Option 3: do nothing. CardUp will automatically cancel your payment.
What will happen to my personal data?
- CardUp adheres to the guidelines set out by the regulatory authority C&ED and will retain a record of personal and payment data for a minimum of 5 years.
Can I use CardUp in other countries?
- Personal users - if you reside in Singapore or Malaysia you can create a new account here:
- Business users - if you operate a business that is registered with the local governing body in Singapore or Malaysia you can create a new account here:
I still need help
- Please contact us at email@example.com